Points to note:
1. The aim of continued professional development is to make
sure that members keep up with current professional practice and to develop
2. IAP-CPD will run from 1st January to 31st
December making it easier to keep records for participants who are also doing
3. In line with other colleges requirements, we have made IAP-CPD more
flexible. Please read the sheet along with this letter.
4. Instead of points, the tally will be kept in hours, making it easy for
you to record. Keep a record in a paper dairy or on the web dairy.
5. Please send in your tally sheet for this year in
December, so that I can send you a certificate before January. I will also send a new tally sheet at that
time. Members are required to earn 50 hours every year instead of 1000 credit
points for five years.
6. Record keeping is important to prove your claims, as random auditing
will be done.
7. A certificate of participation or certificate of completion along with
total hours will be issued every year – Associate members who complete the CPD
programme, will be given a certificate that can be used for registration
8. Members leaving practice for a period of six months or more for such
reasons as sickness, maternity leave or other leave of absence, may, on
application prior to leave have their total hours requirement reduced.
9. Record of participation in the programme will remain confidential.
We have broadened the peer review definition to
include telecommunication, review on line etc. so that it is easier for
psychiatrists in remote areas to accumulate hours. Meetings of more than half
hour with three other colleagues will be accepted as far as it is about the
review of a case. Please keep a record with the signatures of others.
If you present a case or a paper on a website and three colleagues review that
and comment, it will be accepted for the CPD, if you record it.
If you still cannot achieve enough hours, please come to the AGM and I will
organise review meeting for you.
This is divided into groups and individual
activities. Even though the total hours are counted, it is preferred to have
If you subscribe the journals, audio digest or have access to medical libraries,
keep a record of these.
Keep the invitation or programmes of conferences.
Education, Teaching, Research:
Hours taken to prepare publication, presentation and others can be taken into
Please keep these sheets for further reference.